Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions we recieve. If you have any additional questions please contact us. We’ll be happy to help.

What are excess funds and where do they come from?

A foreclosure occurs when an entity such as a county government or mortgage holding bank is due money from a homeowner that it hasn’t received such as property taxes or monthly mortgage payments. The entity will foreclose on the homeowner to recover that money.

Most often after a property is foreclosed upon, it is subsequently sold to a third party (investor, private individual, etc.). When this happens the third party may pay more for the property than what is currently owed to all lien holders and taxing authorities. This results in excess funds that rightfully belong to the homeowner who was foreclosed upon.

When excess funds exist they are usually held with various government departments, agencies, or even with non-government third parties.

Most importantly – funds not claimed within a certain time limit (varies from state to state) become property of the government. Acting quickly to claim any excess funds that are rightfully yours is extremely important.

Contact Us and let us start the process of overage recovery for you.

What are my upfront costs?

There are no upfront costs to get started with our excess funds recovery service.

The idea that your money might one day become the government’s permanent property because you failed to claim it in time terrifies us. Therefore we cover all upfront costs related to the recovery of your funds for items such as attorney fees, filling fees, legal paperwork, and more.

You pay nothing upfront and and we only recieve an agreed upon portion of the money we recover for you after all work is done and the money has been returned.

Contact Us and let us start the process of overage recovery for you.

I’ve never heard of this before. Why should I believe you can help me?

Remember, the thought of anybody losing money to the government because they didn’t claim it in time terrifies us. We’re motivated by having as much money returned to rightful owners as possible.

Because there are no upfront costs you can be confident in our ability to help you. We handle all fees related to attorneys, paperwork filling, legal paperwork creation, and more. If for some reason we do the work and cover the expense of filling a claim for you only to find out that you’re not owed any money – you will owe us nothing and we’ll cover all those costs.

Even if you still have doubts, choosing to work with us costs you nothing up front. We’ll provide you with clear, up-to-date status reports of your case via email and/or text message. In 2 – 4 months your doubts will be erased and the money that is rightfully yours will be returned to you. You win and all without risking a penny of your own money.

Contact Us and let us start the process of overage recovery for you.

How quickly can I get my overage back?

This depends on what entity has your money and can vary greatly from county to county.

If you are due money it can typically take between 2-4 months to process a claim. When you choose to work with us we will act as quickly as possible to get your claim filed. We’ll also keep you updated on the process via email and/or text message so that you know the most current status of your claim at all times.

Or Contact Us and let us start the process of overage recovery for you.

Can I do this myself?

Yes, you can. Be aware that proper research is necessary to ensure all paperwork is gathered and submitted correctly. You may also need to hire an attorney and pay any additional filing, claims, and research fees. These would be required up font in most cases.

Or Contact Us and let us start the process of overage recovery for you.

Excess Funds Recovery Service
2400B W Hwy 290
Suite 5E
Dripping Springs, Texas 78620

Request More Information

To get information on how we can help you recover your potential overage, fill out the information below. A specialist will reach out to you based on your contact preferences.